JEE Advanced 2017 Exam Dates | Application Form
JEE Advanced 2017 stands for Joint Entrance Examination Advanced. JEE Advanced 2017 is conducted by seven IITs under the Joint Admission Board 2017. It is the subsequent stage of JEE Main exam, which means that the applicant applying for the Advanced Level, must have compulsorily appeared for the Main Level. The candidate must have been among the top 1,50,000 rank holders of “Main” to apply for “Advanced”. By cracking JEE Advanced 2017, the applicant can get admission into the Bachelor’s, Integrated Master’s and Dual Degree programs. Hereby, They can get admission into the IITs and ISMs. JEE Advanced was introduced in 2013. It is a two-tier system of Entrance Examination for admission to technical Institutes. To know more about JEE Advanced 2016 such its exam dates, application form, eligibility, important dates, syllabus and pattern, please read below.
|JEE Advanced 2017 Exam Summary|
|Exam Name||Joint Entrance Examination (Advanced)|
|Commonly known as||JEE Advanced Exam|
|Exam level||National Level|
|Conducting Authority||Indian Institute of Technology|
|Exam Stream||Engineering Entrance Exam|
JEE Advanced 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Age Criteria for JEE Advanced 2017 - To apply for JEE (Advanced), the applicant must have been born on or after 01.10.1991, if belonging to the GEN or OBC-NCL category. S/he must be born on or after 01.10.1986 if applying against the SC, ST or PwD quota.
Nationality - Indian citizens are allowed to apply for JEE (Advanced) 2017. Foreign applicants are allotted supernumerary seats. The availability of these seats will be declared as the seats are allotted to all the applicants.
Educational Qualification - The applicant should be among the top 1,50,000 applicants in JEE (Main) 2017, as mentioned above. An applicant can apply for JEE Advanced at the most of twice, and that too consecutively. The applicant must have appeared for the 12th grade examination in either 2016 or 2017. The applicants must not have taken admission at any point of time at any IIT or ISM before appearing for JEE Advanced 2017.
JEE Advanced 2017 Application Form
The Application Form for JEE Advanced 2017 is an online one. Please fill it online at http://jeeadv.iitb.ac.in/. The steps for applying for JEE (Advanced) form are mentioned below:
- The first step toward applying for JEE (ADVANCED) 2017 will be filling the online registration form.
- Next, its submission along with the corresponding fees must be done.
- Lastly, theadmit card must be downloaded and printed whenever it is available for printing.
JEE Advanced 2017 Application Fees
- For exam centres in India, the fee structure is as follows:
|CATEGORY OF EXAM||MALE GENDER||FEMALE GENDER||THIRD GENDER|
|GEN||INR 2000/-||INR 1000/-||INR 2000/-|
|OBC-NCL||INR 2000/-||INR 1000/-||INR 2000/-|
|SC||INR 1000/-||INR 500/-||INR 1000/-|
|ST||INR 1000/-||INR 500/-||INR 1000/-|
|PwD||INR 1000/-||INR 500/-||INR 1000/-|
- For exam centre in Dubai, applicants of all the categories have to pay USD 220.
JEE Advanced 2017 Admit Card
The admit card has to be printed and carried for the examination by the applicant. Any mistakes on the card is changeable. The dates for rectification will be the same as those for downloading the admit card.
JEE Advanced 2017 Exam Pattern
- There will be two papers - Paper 1 and Paper 2 for JEE (Advanced).
- Both the question papers will have Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as the subjects.
- The question papers will consist of multiple choice questions and numerical answer type questions that are designed to test the applicants’ comprehension, reasoning and analytical ability.
- There are negative markings applicable for incorrect answers.
- The question paper will be either in English or Hindi. The preferred language must have been mentioned during registration.
- JEE Advanced 2017 gives negative markings for incorrect answers.
JEE Advanced 2017 Selection Process - The selection for names appearing in the rank list is based on the applicants’ appearance for both Paper 1 and Paper 2 of JEE (Advanced) 2016. The marks obtained in this examination will determine the rank obtained by the applicant.
JEE Advanced 2017 Exam Dates
|JEE Advanced 2017 Date of Examination||May, 2017
|JEE Advanced 2017 Online Registration||First Week of May, 2017|
|Downloading the JEE Advanced 2017 Admit Card||May, 2017|
|Correction of Mistakes on the Admit Card (if any)||Same Dates as Downloading the Admit Card|
|Display of ORS Image and Scanned
|Request for Review of Responses||Same Dates as Above|
|Display of Answers||June, 2017|
|JEE Advanced 2017 Examination Results||June, 2017|
The above dates are tentative. No official dates have been declared yet. Keep visiting our website in order to get any updates.
JEE Advanced 2015 CUT-OFF
The following list contains the cut-off declared by JEE Advanced of the year 2015. An idea of the previous year’s cut-off might help in the applicants’ preparations.
|Rank list||Minimum % of Marks in Individual Subjects||Minimum % of Aggregate Marks|
|Common rank list||10.0||35.0|
|OBC-NCL rank list||9.0||31.5|
|SC rank list||5.0||17.5|
|ST rank list||5.0||17.5|
|OPEN-PwD rank list||5.0||17.5|
|OBC-NCL-PwD rank list||5.0||17.5|
|SC-PwD rank list||5.0||17.5|
|ST-PwD rank list||5.0||17.5|
|Preparatory course rank lists||2.5||8.75|
JEE Advanced 2017 Preparation Tips
- You must start with whatever you find easier – Mathematics and Physics.
- The syllabus is very vast and so, preparation must start very early.
- Reference to only one entrance examination book is really advisable.
- You must follow the question paper pattern closely.
- Also, you must take a glance at the previous year’s cut-offs.
JEE Advanced 2016 is always a challenge after JEE (Main). Wish you luck for taking up the challenge!