|GATE 2017 Exam Summary|
|Exam Name||Graduate Aptitude Test in engineering|
|Commonly known as||GATE Exam|
|Exam level||All India Level|
|Conducting Authority||Jointly by The Indian Institute of Science (IISc) and seven Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT)|
|Exam Stream||Engineering Entrance Exam|
Candidates who are interested must fill and submit GATE 2017 application form.
Steps for applying for GATE form are mentioned below:
Step 1: Applicants can receive the application form from the website of the respective Zonal GATE offices or from the website of GATE organizing Institute (www.gate.iitk.ac.in)
Step 2: Applicants have to register by filling their Name, Mobile number, email ID and GOAPS password as mentioned in the form.
GOAPS Password: This will be the password that you will be providing to the GOAPS during the Enrolment. You must remember this along with the GOAPS Enrolment ID to login to GOAPS. Choose a password that cannot be guessed easily (it should NOT be your name, date of birth, or some string of numbers or letters like 12345, abcd, etc.), so as to ensure that the data you provide is not accessible to any person other than yourself. Length of the password should be 8 -15 characters.
Step 3: Applicants are required to fill their personal, academics and other details as mentioned in the form.
Step 4: After filling up the form applicants need to upload their recent passport size photograph of JPEG format (minimum pixel 240 * 320) and signature (minimum 80*120) and Certificate from principal (duly signed and stamped by Principal)
Step 5: Applicants need pay their application fees to complete the procedure online through Debit/ Credit Card.
For any detail regarding application visit website as mentioned above
GATE Exam Application fees:
|Male Applicants (General/ OBC)||Rs 1500/-|
|Women Candidates of any category||Rs 750/-|
|Other Candidates (General/OBC)||Rs 1500/-|
|SC/ ST/ PwD* Applicants||Rs 750/-|
- GATE 2017 is a computer based online exam.
- The Paper comprise of 65 multiple choice and numerical answer type questions of 100 marks out of which 10 questions carrying a total of 15 marks are in General Aptitude (GA).
- Time for the test will be about 3 hours.
- GATE 2017 questions will comprise of two different types in various papers:
- Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) carrying 1 or 2 marks each in all papers and sections.
- Numerical Answer Questions of 1 or 2 marks each in all papers and sections.
GATE 2017 Marking Scheme
- For 1 mark questions – 1/3 marks will be reduced for each wrong answer.
- For 2 marks questions – 2/3 marks will be reduced for each wrong answer.
- Negative marks are not applicable for numerical answer type questions.
GATE 2016 Exam Dates
|GATE Exam Events||Important Dates|
|GATE 2017 Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) Website Opens: Enrolment, Application Filling, Application Submission||September, 2017
|Last date for submission||October, 2017|
|Last Date for Request for Change in the Choice of Examination City via GOAPS login||November, 2017|
|Availability of Admit Card on the Online Application Interface for printing||December, 2017|
|GATE 2017 Online Examination||February, 2017|
|Announcement of Results on the Online Application Website||March, 2017|