VITEEE 2016 - Application Form, Exam Dates, Syllabus
VITEEE 2016 - Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) University conducts the VIT Engineering Entrance Examination (VITEEE) annually for over a decade as an entrance examination into the degree courses at its campus. VIT is labeled as one of the top 10 engineering institutes in India and over the years it has created an identity of its own by offering quality engineering education in various disciplines. Through the VITEEE the institute judges the comprehensive understanding in the field of engineering and technology.
VITEEE 2016 Exam summary
|Exam name||VIT Engineering Entrance Exam|
|Commonly known as||VITEEE|
|Exam type||Engineering Entrance Exam|
|Exam category||University level|
|Conducting Institute||VIT university|
VITEEE 2016 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who are interested in applying have to ensure that they have cleared 10+2 from a recognized Board or Intermediate or Two-Year Pre university examination that’s conducted via a recognized board or High school certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma or Advanced (A) level general Certificate Education (GCE) Examination and should have scored a minimum of 60% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, Maths/Biology or 50% aggregate marks in case of SC/ST candidates and those candidate’s from Northeast and Jammu Kashmir.
VITEEE 2016 Selection Procedure
After the conduction and attemption of the exam the candidates will be qualified as per their rank scores and these shortlisted candidates will be called in for the counseling procedures.
VITEEE 2016 Paper pattern
There are a total of 160 questions divided into 4 sections each section carrying around 40 questions. All the questions will be of objective type and all the questions will be mostly from the state Board of Higher Secondary Education and the CBSE syllabus. The questions will be followed by 4 alternative answers and the candidates have to choose the correct answer and click on the same. There won’t be any negative marking awarded and the question paper will be in English itself.
VITEEE 2016 Application Form
The VITEEE 2016 application form is available both online as well as offline and candidates can make avail of either of the two as per their preference.
Mode 1: Online
Candidates can fill and submit the forms online via 6 simple steps
- Registration: The candidate has to firstly register themselves via the official online website
- Conformation of password: after the registration process a password and id will be generated that the candidate has to confirm in order to fill in the application form
- Filling up of the online application: the candidates have to then proceed with filling up of the application form with valid details. Do note that the fields marked with (*) are mandatory and are necessary to be filled.
- Selection of payment: the candidate can select the mode of payment either via the online gateway or via DD.
- Photograph/Signature upload: The candidate needs to upload soft copies of their scanned photograph and signature in jpg/jpeg format.
- Downloading the filled up application form: The candidate has to download the filled out application form and send the confirmation page to the university.
Applications are also made available st certain select post offices so candidates can go there and collect them. Candidates can also write to the University with an application request letter or can purchase the forms at the university counter.
VITEEE 2016 Application fees
- The VITEEE 2016 application fees for purchasing the form online is Rs. 940 and the fees for applying offline is Rs.990 (approx.)
- The application fee for NRI Candidates is 50 USD.
- Modes of payment:
- Online: the payment can be made online via Net banking/Debit Card/ Credit card or DD mode
- Offline: The candidates can pay offline via a DD drawn in favour of VIT University payable at Vellore to the address of Admissions Officer,VIT University, Vellore.
VITEEE 2016 Exam dates
|Start sale of Application Form||1st week of December, 2015
|Last date for receipt of online application||2nd week March, 2016|
|Online slot booking||2nd and 3rd week March, 2016|
|Test date||2nd and 3rd week, Apri, 2016|
|Result||4th week April, 2016|
VITEEE 2016 Counseling ProcessAfter the candidates give the tests and the results are published with the All India Rank of VITEEE the candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of their merit and those shortlisted candidates will be called in for counseling that’s conducted at Vellore and Chennai.
VITEEE 2016 Contact information
Tamil Nadu, India.
Phone: + 91-416-220 2125, 220 2168
Fax: +91-416-224 5544, 224 5766