TISSNET 2016 Application Form | Exam Dates
TISSNET 2016 - Tata Institute of Social Sciences (Mumbai) was established in 1936, and is renowned to be the original school of social work in India. TISS is affiliated to Sir Dorabji Tata Trust (SDTT).The National Entrance Test of TISS (TISS-NET) is a computer based examination. It is conducted at the National level. Previously, TISS was called Sir Dorabji Tata Graduate School of Social Work. It was in the year 1944 that the renaming event happened and later in 1964, TISS became a University Grants Commission Deemed University.
Currently, TISS is conducting academic programs in diverse streams like health and hospital administration, human resource management, personnel management, research methodology, and so forth. TISS-NET is conducted in 39 centres all over India. TISS sample question paper is available at http://www.digialm.com/EForms/Mock/Template/index.html?619(@)(@)94. One of the Module question papers is viewable at https://www.digialm.com/EForms/Mock/Template/index.html?. Further, if any aspirant has any queries, s/he can call the Admissions Helpline on 022 - 25525252 or visit the page pgadmission(@)tiss.edu.
TISSNET 2016 Exam Summary
|Exam Name||Tata Institute of Social Sciences National Entrance Test|
|Commonly Known as||TISS NET|
|Exam Level||National Level Exam|
|Conducting Authority||TISS Mumbai|
|Exam Stream||Management Entrance Exam|
How to Apply
- The TISSNET 2016 Application procedure is an online one. The applicant must visit https://appln-admissions.tiss.edu/ for the application system. Thereby, s/he has to login with the registered email id and password.
- Applicants belonging to remote areas, which have no Internet and Telecommunication facilities, can avail the printed version of the Application Form from the Institute. S/he can send a request for the printed copy by Speed Post with the required Application Fees to Assistant Registrar(Academic), Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Deonar Mumbai, 400088.
- The application fee is INR 1030/-. It can be paid via Credit card/ Debit card/ Net Banking. If the applicant is willing to pay INR 1000 + bank charges, s/he could also pay via cash. This amount has to be paid for every applied program. However, the unwaged SC and ST applicants, whose guardian’s annual income is less than INR 2.5 Lakh, and unemployed OBC(NC) applicants, whose guardian’s annual income is less than INR 1 lakh, need to pay only INR 250/-.
TISSNET 2016 Eligibility Criteria
The TISS applicants must possess a Bachelor's degree of 3 years’ minimum duration. Any equivalent degree is also permissible. However, all the degrees need to have been obtained from a recognized University / Board. Passing in all the subjects of every semester is necessary.
TISSNET 2016 Exam Pattern
- TISS goes on for a total of 1 hour 40 minutes. The applicants will be judged on General Knowledge, Analytical Ability, Logical Reasoning and English Proficiency. No negative markings are applied. There will be a single question paper asking 100 questions.
- After the TISS written test, the applicants will be shortlisted for the Group Discussion round and the Personal Interview round. The written test will be marked on 100, GD on 50 and PI on 75. The applicants will therefore be marked on 225 in total.
TISSNET 2016 Important Dates
|TISSNET 2016 Important Exam Events||Event Date|
|Last Date for TISSNET 2016 Online form submission||December, 2015
|Last Date for Receipt of TISSNET 2016 Application Forms by post||December, 2015|
|National Entrance Test - Online across centres||January, 2016|
|Score Card/ result on email||February, 2016|
Note: Above mentioned dates are tentative, they are subject to change. We will update changes if an