IISER Admission 2016 Exam Dates | Application Form
IISER Admission 2016 - Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology has introduced 3 undergraduate Engineering course – 4-Year B.Tech. (Aerospace Engineering), 4-Year B.Tech. (Avionics) and 5-Year Dual Degree (B.Tech. + M.S./M.Tech.). The 4-year B.Tech. courses have 60 seats available per course. The 5-year course has 20 seats available.
The 5-year Dual Degree programme leads to the attainment of the B.Tech. degree in Engineering Physics and either of the following Postgraduate degree specializations - M.S. (Astronomy & Astrophysics), M.S. (Earth System Science), M.S. (Solid State Physics) andM.Tech. (Optical Engineering). The applicants must remember that there is no exit option at the end of four years.
Applicants belonging to certain categories are given admission to seats reserved based on relaxed criteria as per applicable rules of the Government of India. The categories included are Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Castes belonging to Non-Creamy Layer and Persons with Disabilities. The seat reservations for these categories are 15%, 7.5%, 27% and 3% respectively.
IISER Admission 2016 Exam Summary
|Exam Name||Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology UG Exam|
|Commonly Known as||IISER ADMISSIONS UG|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Conducting Authority||Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research|
|Exam Stream||Engineering Entrance Exam|
IISER Admission 2016 Application Form
- The Application for IISER Admissions UG can be made online alone. They should have their JEE (Main)Roll Number, JEE (Advanced) Roll Number and a valid email id. (The JEE Examinations must have been given on the year of IISER application.)
- Applicants are required to register through the online portal admission alone. Please visit the websitewww.iist.ac.in. thereby, one needs to download and print the Challan to remit the registration fee.
- Male applicants belonging to the GEN and OBC categories are required to pay INR 600/-. Female applicants for the same need to pay INR 300/-. All SC, ST and PD applicants are required to pay INR 300/-.The Registration fee is non-refundable.
- The payment can be made in any one of the branches of State Bank of India (SBI) or Union Bank of India (UBI). The payment procedure can be started one day after the completion of the Online Registration. The downloaded Challan must be used for the process.
- After the payment, one needs to insert the Bank Transaction Details in the application portal. The Registration Number and the Password have to be used. The scanned image (PDF/JPEG format) of the Institute copy of the Challan has to be uploaded.
IISER Admission 2016 Eligibility Criteria
- Only Indian citizens are allowed to apply for IISER. The upper age limit of the applicants is 25 years. SC / ST / PD applicants are given a relaxation up to 30 years.
- Applicants seeking admission to IISER must have passed their 12th grades with the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The General and OBC applicants must have scored a minimum of 70% (60% for the SC / ST / PD applicants) marks in PCM.
- Applicants must have appeared for JEE (Main) to qualify for JEE (Advanced), and that too in the same year of applying for IISER Admissions.
- General category applicants must have secured a minimum of 20% marks in aggregate. A minimum of 5% marks must have been secured in each of the three subjects of Physics Chemistry and Mathematics.
- OBC category (NCL) applicants must have secured a minimum of 18% marks in aggregate. A minimum of 4.5% marks must have been secured in each of the three subjects of Physics Chemistry and Mathematics.
- SC / ST / PD applicants must have secured a minimum of 10% marks in aggregate. A minimum of 2.5% marks must have been secured in each of the three subjects of Physics Chemistry and Mathematics.
IISER Admission 2016 Pattern
No separate examination will be conducted by IIST for IISER Admissions. The Rank list for IISER will be prepared on the basis of the All-India Rank prepared by the CBSE Board. Admissions will be conducted through the counselling procedure.
IISER Admission 2016 Exam Dates
|IISER Admission Exam Events||Event Date|
|Opening of application portal for JEE/KVPY/SCB stream||Jun-16|
|Last date for application for JEE/KVPY stream||Jun-16
|Result - Publishing of allocation list of JEE/KVPY channel||Jun-16|
|Last date for payment of admission fees for JEE/KVPY stream||Jul-16|
|IISER SCB aptitude test||Jul-16|
|Result/Allocation of SCB stream||Jul-16|
|Last date of payment of admission fees for SCB stream||Jul-16|
Note: Above mentioned dates are tentative, they are subject to change. We will update changes if any