CEE stands for Common Entrance Examination. CEE 2016 is conducted to grant admission into the undergraduate programs for engineering. The conducting authority of this examination is the Government of Assam. The target institution is Assam Engineering College. The offered programs of B.E. are –
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Instrumentation Engineering
- Industrial & Production Engineering
CEE can be attempted after completing the Higher Secondary Examination. The applicant can have completed his/her 12th grade from the Assam Higher Secondary Education Council or any other equivalent examination. Notificationsof CEE are given impetus by the Director of Technical Education. They can be found in Assam Gazette and newspapers annually. It is usually in the month of May that CEE is conducted. To know more about CEE2016, its eligibility, important dates and pattern, please read below.
SUMMARY OF THE EXAM
CEE 2016 Exam Summary
|Exam Name||Common Entrance Examination|
|Commonly known as||CEE 2016|
|Exam level||State Level|
|Exam Stream||Engineering Entrance Exam|
CEE 2016 ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
The applicant must not be between 17 and 21 years of age. 21 years is relaxed to 22 years especially for B.Sc. passed applicants, and to 24 years for the SC/ST applicants.
Indian citizens are allowed to apply for CEE 2016. S/he should also be a permanent resident in Assam.
- The 12th grade must be passed in the subjects English, Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- A minimum of 50% (45% in the case of Schedule castes and 40% in the case of Schedule Tribes) must have been scored in the Higher Secondary of the subjects Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics in the same sitting.
CEE 2016 APPLICATION FORM
- The application for Assam CEE starts in March/April every year.
- Applicants applying against the reserved quota of children and grandchildren of Freedom Fighters must attach two certificates, one from the Principal Private Secretary to the Chief Minister, Assam, certifying the Freedom Fighter, and another from the Deputy Commissioner, or Official authorized by the Deputy Commissioner, stating clearly, the direct relationship of the candidate with the freedom fighter.
- Applicants applying against the reserved quota of children of employees of the Central Government and Central Government Public Sector Undertakings, posted in Assam for a minimum of 1 year at the time of submission of application must attach two certificates, one from the school or college last attended, and the other a Permanent Resident Certificate of his or her parents from their native state.
- Applicants applying against the reserved quota of children of Ex-Defense Service Personnel must produce a certificate from the Secretary, Rajyik Sainik Board, Assam, and documentary evidence of pension.
- Applicants nominated against reserved seats for other States, Union Territories, and Foreign Countries by their respective Governments are exempted from the examination.
- Also exempted are the applicants who are ranked within the first 10 positions in the Assam Higher Secondary (Science Stream) Examination of the Assam Higher Secondary Education Council, provided they secure not less than 75% marks in aggregate in the year in which they seek admission. Such applicants must apply for direct admission within 10 days of publication of their qualifying examination results, to the Director of Technical Education, Assam.
- The form must be submitted along with the corresponding fees.
- Also, one must get himself/herself accessible to the admit card when it is available for printing.
CEE 2016 EXAM PATTERN
- The syllabus of CEE 2016 is according to the NCERT syllabus.
- The examination is of 120 hours per section.
- There are 100 questions per section.
- 1 correct answer is rewarded 1 mark.
- There are no negative markings for incorrect answers.
CEE2016 SELECTION MODE
Students will be selected for the B.E. program based on their marks obtained in Assam CEE.
CEE2016 IMPORTANT DATES
|Availability of Application Form||April, 2016|
|Last date of the receipt examination fee at SBI||April, 2016|
|Admit Card||May, 2016|
|Date of Examination||May, 2016|
|Result||Second week of June, 2016|
The above dates are tentative. No official dates have been declared yet. Keep visiting our website in order to get any updates.
CEE2016 RESULT AND MERIT LIST
On the 2nd week of June2016 (approximately), the results will be declared. This will include the Merit List, which will be the marks scored in Assam CEE 2016.
CEE 2016 QUICK PREPARATION TIPS
- You could communicate with your seniors and teachers, as they could prove helpful.
- It is better to select only one book to prepare from. Multiple books might get confusing.
- Attempting honest mock tests could also be helpful.
Wish you luck!