http://www.exacthub.in/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Exacthub-logo.png 0 0 Jagdish Bhanderi http://www.exacthub.in/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Exacthub-logo.png Jagdish Bhanderi2015-03-16 11:55:002017-01-12 14:51:53WBJEE 2017 Exam Dates | Syllabus | Paper Pattern
WBJEE Engineering 2017 (West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam) is an entrance test which is conducted every year by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board in order to grant aspiring undergraduate applicants admission in private and government engineering colleges in West Bengal. WBJEE Engineering 2017 is a state level examination. This exam is very popular for applicants seeking admission in engineering colleges in West Bengal.
|WBJEE Engineering 2017 Exam Summary|
|Exam name||West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam|
|Commonly known as||WBJEE|
|Exam level||State level|
|Conducting authority||West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board|
The following conditions need to be fulfilled by the applicants in order to be eligible for WBJEE Engineering 2017:
- Applicants can apply for this course, only if their nationality is Indian.
For Colleges other than Jadavpur University
- Applicants should have passed Higher Secondary (10+2) Examination of West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education or equivalent examination from a recognized Council/Board with a minimum of 45% in aggregate (40% for SC/ST/PwD/OBC candidates)
- Applicants should have studied Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects with optional subjects as Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/Technical Vocational Subjects (Engineering Drawing / Computer Science) and must have passed each subject individually
- Applicants should also have secured a minimum of 30% marks in English
- Applicants should have completed 17 years of age on or before December 2015
- For Jadavpur University:
- Applicants should have passed the Higher Secondary Examination (10+2 level) or its equivalent examination with aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (55% for SC/ST/PwD)
- Applicants should have secured at least 30% marks in English (for all categories of candidates)
- Applicants should also have passed in individually in subjects Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English
- Applicants should have completed 17 years of age on or before December 31, 2015.
- In order to apply for this course, applicants need to go online and fill the form on the official website.
- The following things have to be filled in the form:
- Personal details such as full name, address, contact number etc have to be filled.
- Educational qualifications and employment status have to be mentioned.
- A valid email id has to be mentioned to get notifications and updates.
- Scanned passport size photo and signature have to be provided (if asked).
- 10th grade leaving certificate and result has to be provided as well.
- A certain amount of fees have to be paid along with all the necessary documents at the time of submission of the form.
- Applicants must note that the form filled must reach the necessary authorities on or before the due date, or else the form shall not be accepted at all.
The syllabus for this exam consists of the following subjects:
- Multiple choice questions will be asked in the paper.
- There shall be three categories of questions
- Category 1 shall have questions of 1 mark each. For incorrect response, 25% of full mark (1/4) would be deducted.
- In Category 2, every correct answer will yield 2 marks. For incorrect response, 25% of full mark (1/2) would be deducted.
- In category 3, questions may have more than one correct options. All correct answers only will yield two marks. Candidates must mark all the correct options in order to be awarded full marks
- Marking for the Category 3 questions:-
- For any combination of answers containing one or more incorrect responses, net mark awarded will be zero (0).
- For partially correct response without any incorrect marking- Marks awarded = 2 x (no. of correct responses) / (total no. of correct options).
WBJEE 2017 Exam Dates
|WBJEE Exam Events||Important Dates|
|Start of application of forms from||December 2016|
|Last date of application of forms||February 2017|
|WBJEE 2017 exam dates||May 2017
|WBJEE 2017 results||End of June|