CAT 2014 New Exam Pattern
- The test duration has gone up by half an hour i.e from 140 minutes to 170 minutes (two hours 50 minutes in total)
- Questions in each section have been increased to 50 in each section from the existing 30 questions.
- Students have the flexibility to devote more or less time to each section according to their ability. One can switch over from one section to another section at any point during the examination timing.
- The tutorial will not be available before the start of the examination and the Students are advised to do the tutorials from the website well in advance.
- There’s been no change in the exam syllabus. Students will receive questions in four sections: Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation, Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning.
- The registration for the CAT 2014 will remain open for 56 days beginning from August 6 and closing on September 30. Students will be able to download admit card from October 16 to till examination date. The results will be declared in the third week of December 2014.
- Tata Consultancy Services Limited (TCS), which has conducted examination like GATE, JEE, AIPMT, JIPMER etc will be in charge of conducting CAT too this year.