The Ministry has two wings
ii) Programme-Implementation. The Statistics Wing is also called also ‘National Statistical Office’.
The Statistics Wing consists of 3 divisions
i) Central Statistical Office (CSO).
ii) The Computer Centre.
iii) The National Sample Survey Office (NSSO).
The Programme Implementation Wing also consists of 3 divisions, they are
i) Twenty Point Programme.
ii) Infrastructure Monitoring and Project Monitoring.
iii) Member of Parliament Local Area Development Scheme.
No. of Posts:
514 Field Investigator Posts.
Nature of Duty:
Duty of the Field Investigators will be to carry out field surveys of NSSO in rural & urban areas. The duties will be to be doing extensive touring within the designated geographical location.
Important Date: 29th June 2014 is the concluding date as mentioned to entertain the applications.
- Candidates applying for job should have passed Graduation from a recognized University with subject Statistics / Economics / Mathematics.
- Candidates should be well – versed with Local & English Language
- Candidates should have knowledge of Computer Application like MS-Office, etc.
- Candidates applying for Field Investigator Posts should be minimum 21 years of age & maximam 30 years of age as on 1st July 2014.
- Candidates who have experience in doing field survey work in a government organization for no. of years will be given age relaxation.
- Candidates belonging to SC / ST / OBC categories wil be given age relaxation as per GOIs instruction in vogue.
- Candidates who wants to apply for Field Investigator Posts will have to download application form online
- For downloading application form, visit: Online
- Candidates need to fill all the required details & send with self addressed duly stamped envelope to the Regional Head Office.
Candidates meeting the conditions given by the ministry will be called for interview. Candidates will be selected on the basis of their performance in interview round.
Important Link: The web portal as provided by the Ministry of Statistics & Programme Implementation (MOSPI) to assort the complete information is thoroughly provided underneath: