CAT 2015 Exam Dates | Preparation Tips | Books
In this post we will provide the necessary information regarding CAT 2015 Entrance Exam such as its important dates, application form details, syllabus, eligibility criteria and few preparation tips. Before moving further have a look at a small summary of CAT Entrance Exam. Basically CAT is popularly known as Common Aptitude Test which is one of the most reputed MBA Entrance Exam in India. As most of the student knows that this entrance exam is not a kid play, and needs your best shot to clear out this exam.
|CAT 2015 Exam Summary|
|Exam Name||Common Aptitude Test|
|Commonly Known as||CAT|
|Conducting Authority||IIM (Indian Institute of Management)|
|Stream||MBA Entrance Exam|
Eligibility criteria for CAT 2015 require a minimum graduation level education and other norm will be given according to Government Rules or IIM CAT Norms.
Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation
- Number Systems
- Time and Work
- Permutation Combination
- Quadratic Profit And Loss
- Linear Equations, Etc.
Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning
- Antonyms and Synonyms
- Sentence Correction
- Fill In the blanks
- Binary Logic
- Seating Arrangement
- Reading comprehension
- Blood Relations
- Logical Sequence
- Verbal reasoning
- Linear and Matrix Arrangement, Etc
CAT 2015 Exam Dates
|CAT Exam Events||Important Dates|
|Announcement of CAT 2015 by IIM Ahmedabad||Sunday, July 26, 2015|
|CAT 2015 Application Start Date||August 6, 2015|
|CAT 2015 Application End Date||Last week of September, 2015|
|CAT 2015 Admit Card Download starts||Third week of October, 2015|
|CAT 2015 Exam Date||November 29, 2015|
|CAT 2015 Result Date||Third week of December, 2015|
The IIM Common Admission Test (CAT) as being organized every year, for next session of 2015 – 2016 all the related dates will be released soon and we will published it here.
CAT is the toughest MBA entrance exam in India. In order to do well you guys need to be well prepared for it. We recommend following tips that you can appliance to prepare in best way.
Plan and prepare: Plan your study strategy for every day. Decide the topics to prepare.
Mock tests: The pattern of the exam keep on fluctuating so to be well-set solves different types of previous question papers.
CAT Exam Previous Year Question Papers
CAT Exam Previous Year Question Papers
Know your weakness and strengths: It is important to know your weakness and strengths as it will help you plan your study routine.
Revise: Keep doing a regular revision so as not to completely forget what you have learnt.
Stay fit and relaxed: It is important to pay attention to your health. Give yourself a good break after studying for long hours. Eat healthy food. Have good sleep.
Books for Quantitative Aptitude
- Simple and easy to understand – How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT Common Admission Test 5th Edition (Paperback) by Arun Sharma, Publisher: Tata McGraw Hill 2012 Rs. 625, 2012 edition
- For advanced – The Pearson Guide To Quantitative Aptitude And Data Interpretation For The CAT by Nishit Sinha, Publisher: Pearson. Rs. 650, 2012 edition.
- For advanced and more practice – Quantum CAT: Quantitative Aptitude Common Admission Test for Admission Into IIMs (Paperback) by Sarvesh K Verma Publisher:Arihant, Rs. 650, 2013 edition.
- To learn mathematics for the Quantitative Aptitude section from basics, refer to NCERT Mathematics books for 8th, 9th & 10th standard & CBSE Mathematics books for 8th, 9th & 10th standard
- For tips and shortcuts – Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examinations Tips, Techniques, And Short-cut Methods by Guha Abhijit Rs. 450, 2010 edition
Books for Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning
- A Good book for DI – How to Prepare for Data Interpretation for the CAT Common Admission Test 1st Edition (Paperback) by Arun Sharma Publisher: Tata McGraw-Hill Rs. 550, 2012 edition.
- A Good book for LR – How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning for the CAT Common Admission Test by Arun Sharma Publisher: Tata McGraw-Hill Rs. 450, 2012 edition.
- The Pearson Guide To Verbal Ability And Logical Reasoning For The CAT 1st Edition (Paperback) by Nishit K. Sinha. Publisher: Pearson. Rs. 599, 2012 edition.
Books for Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning
- A Good book for VA – How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for the CAT Common Admission Test 4th Edition (Paperback) by Meenakshi Upadhyay, Arun Sharma. Publisher: Tata McGraw Hill, Rs. 575, 2011 Edition.
- The Pearson Guide To Verbal Ability And Logical Reasoning For The CAT 1st Edition (Paperback) by Nishit K. Sinha Publisher: Pearson, Rs. 599, 2012 edition.
- Word Power Made Easy by NORMAN LEWIS Rs. 149, 2011 edition.
- A Communicative Grammar of English By: Geoffrey Leech Rs. 500, 2003 edition.
Recommended Business Magazines for CAT/MBA Aspirants
- Business Line by The Hindu Group
- Business Today by India Today Group
- Management Compass Career Launcher
- Business & Management Chronicle by Chronicle Publications
- Competition Success Review
Recommended Newspapers for CAT/MBA Aspirants
- The Hindu
- Economics Times
- The Statesman
Recommended websites for online reading