BITSAT 2014 Exam Dates | Syllabus | Application Form
Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test which is also known as BITSAT is an online test. This entrance exam is led to take admissions into Integrated First Degree courses of BITS Hyderabad, BITS Pilani and BITS Goa campus of the deemed university. Birla Institute of Technology & Science (BITS), Pilani is a foremost Institute of Higher Education and a deemed University under section 3 of the UGC act agreements degree programs in Pharmacy, Engineering, Sciences, Technology, Management and Humanities. The university respects its own degrees. This is one of the well-known engineering institutions in India. It provides a no. of bachelor’s courses to the students.
- For admission, applicant must have passed the 12th grade examination of 10+2 system from a renowned Central or State board or its correspondent with chemistry, physics and mathematics.
- Further, the applicant should have gained a minimum of aggregate 75% (percent) marks in physics, chemistry and mathematics subjects in XII examination, at least 60% marks in each of the chemistry, physics and mathematics subjects and should have adequate ability in English.
- Only Students who are appearing for 12th grade examination in 2014 or who have passed 12th grade Examination in 2013 are eligible to appear in the BITSAT 2014 test.
- For more fine points and information about BITSAT 2014 eligibility criteria, please check and verify official website.
- Concerned applicants should register their names for BITSAT 2014 by applying in the approved application form online. Fill the application form online at www.bitsadmission.com and pay the given fees. Also take the print out of the occupied form for your future reference.
- If you make payment by Demand draft then a copy of the finished application form along with the given fees of Rs. 1850/- (Rs. 1350/- for female candidates only) should be sent to Admissions Officer, BITS, Pilani – 333 031. If you are using a payment mode other than DD then the given fee for BITSAT 2014 is Rs. 1750/-(Rs. 1250/- for female candidates only).
- If an applicant selects Dubai as a test center the application fee for both male and female candidates will be same and will be INR3,107 (or Indian Rs. 2500/- ). Information for payment of fees are accessible at the website while applying online.
- Deadline to apply for BITSAT 2014 online along with the fee payment will be in the month of February.
BITSAT 2014 will be of total 3-hour duration (without break). The test consists of four parts:
Part I : Physics
Part II : Chemistry
Part III : (a) English Proficiency and (b) Logical Reasoning
Part IV : Mathematics
All questions are of objective kind (various choice questions); each question with choice of 4 answers, only one being correct choice. Every correct answer fetches 3 marks, while each wrong answer has a disadvantage of 1 mark (-1mark).
No marks are given for questions not attempted. While the applicant can avoid a question, the computer will not allow the candidate to select more than one choice as right answer. There will be 150 questions in all.
The no. of questions in each part is as follows:
There is no time limit for individual parts of the test. The applicant can go back and change any of his/her answers among the 150 questions.
If an applicant answers all the 150 questions (without skipping any question), the applicant will have an option of trying 12 (twelve) extra questions, if there is still period left. These extra questions will be from Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry only; 4 questions from each part. Further, once the applicant has opted for extra questions, he cannot go back for alteration of any of the earlier answered 150 questions.
For more details and information about BITSAT 2014 paper pattern, please check official website.